Register Your Location
Sign up for Newsletters
Find, compare & rate urgent care walk in clinics
Urgent care help articles & news
What is Urgent Care? When Should I Use an Urgent Care?
Urgent care walk in clinics provide medical care to patients with non-life threatening illness or injuries who need immediate attention when their family doctor is unavailable or is not equipped to handle the situation but a trip to the emergency room may not be warranted. Urgent care clinics are often open after hours, 7 days a week, no appointment necessary.
Urgent care typically treat these medical symptoms and conditions:
Upper respiratory infections
Cuts & lacerations
Fractures & sprains
Urinary tract infections
Please be sure to call the urgent care to verify they can care for your condition.
How do you choose the best urgent care walk in clinic?
Below is a list of factors to consider when selecting an urgent care walk in clinic:
1. Location: Make sure the urgent care walk in clinic is within a comfortable travel distance.
2. Availability: Check out the hours of operation for the urgent care clinic. Many clinics are open after hours, on weekends, and holidays but they may not be open 24 hours. Be sure to call the urgent care before your visit to verify their availability.
3. Service need: Verify the urgent care can do the service you need. For example, some do flu shots or sports physicals, others do not.
4. Insurance: Verify the urgent care clinic accepts your insurance, either by contacting the clinic or contacting your insurance provider.
5. Pricing: If you are uninsured, call around for pricing and fee information. Prices can vary greatly from center to center. Also ask what types of payments are accepted. Some accept cash only.
6. Wait time: Call and ask what the wait time is. When you're sick, you want to be seen as soon as possible.
7. Quality: Does the urgent care provide quality care? Just because you need immediate care doesn't mean you should feel rushed through your visit. Ask family and friends if they have any recommendations. Search online for reviews.
How can WhereToFindCare.com help you find an urgent care center?
Use the search tool below to find urgent care clinics near you. For each urgent care in the search results, you can see the address, phone number, fax number, photos, description, reviews, services provided, insurance accepted, hours of operation, ratings, payments accepted, and much more.*
Have you recently used an urgent care?
Please share your experience by rating them! It helps others in your community find urgent cares that provide quality care.
Find, compare & rate urgent cares
Search urgent care centers by name
Browse urgent care centers by state
*Information displays when available. If you are the owner or representative of an urgent care center, we invite you to
add information to your listing
Forgot your password
Terms of service
© 2017 WhereToFindCare.com
Information on WheretoFindCare.com is for informational purposes only.