Register Your Location
Sign up for Newsletters
Find, compare, & rate medical lab services
Medical testing help articles and news
What are Lab Services? Why Would I Need Lab Services?
A lab service is a medical center patients go to have diagnostic testing (like urine, blood, and other laboratory tests) performed.
Diagnostic testing plays a pivotal role in a patient’s health care. It’s from diagnostic testing that physicians are able to detect, diagnose, and treat medical conditions.
Lab services are also known as medical labs, labs, medical laboratories, medical testing services, and laboratory testing services.
Types of testing lab services can perform
Sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing
Other disease/disorder testing
How do you choose the best lab service?
When selecting a lab service, you should consider the following factors:
1. Location: Make sure the lab is within a reasonable travel distance.
2. Test needed: Verify the lab performs the specific test you need.
3. Insurance: Verify the lab takes your insurance.
4. Quality: Quality isn't something people usually think about when getting medical testing, but it is extremely important. Staff should be professional, skilled, and respect your privacy. Discomfort should be kept to a minimum when possible.
5. Recommendations: Ask friends, family, and other associates if they have had experiences with any of the labs near you. Word of mouth recommendations can help you sort out the good vs. the bad.
6. Reviews: Research online reviews as they can be filled with valuable advice. You can get to know the provider better, learning where they excel and where they need improvement.
Before you go...
Call the lab. Some labs allow for walk-ins, some require an appointment.
How can WhereToFindCare.com help you find the best medical testing lab?
Use the lab services search tool below to locate labs in your area.
For each medical testing lab in the search results, we list addresses, phone numbers, driving directions, photos, testing available, insurances accepted, payment methods accepted, hours of operation, and much more*.
Find, compare & rate lab services
Search lab services by name
Browse lab services by state
Have you had experiences with labs in your area?
Share your experiences with other users by
rating the labs
on WhereToFindCare.com. Your feedback is invaluable to others in your community searching for lab services.
*Information displays when available. If you the owner or respresentative of a medical lab, we invite you to
add information to your listing
Forgot your password
Terms of service
© 2016 WhereToFindCare.com
Information on WheretoFindCare.com is for informational purposes only.