How to Find the Best Cardiologist
With thousands of heart specialists nationwide, choosing the right one can be overwhelming. Keep these tips in mind when selecting a cardiologist:
1. Specialty & experience: Verify the heart doctor has had training & specializes in your specific heart condition.
2. Hospitals where they practice: Check out the location and reputation of the hospitals where the cardiologist practices. The hospital should be within a comfortable driving distance & have an excellent reputation in cardiac care.
3. Insurance: Verify the cardiologist takes your insurance.
4. Age group: Heart problems can occur in all age groups-newborns, children, adults, and seniors. Verify the cardiologist cares for patients in your age group.
5. Recommendations: Word of mouth recommendations can tell us whether we can get along with providers on a personal level. Ask friends, family, and other associates if they have had experiences with the heart doctors on your list.
6. Reviews: Research online reviews-they are a valuable resource. They can give you a better picture of whether patients received quality care by the heart specialist.
Find, compare & rate cardiologists near you
Learn more about the heart & cardiologists:
Tips to preventing heart disease
What are congenital heart defects?
What are heart valve diseases?
What is a cardiologist?
What is a heart attack?
What is arrhythmia?
What is coronary artery disease?
What is heart failure?
A cardiologist is also known as: heart doctor, heart specialist, & cardiac doctor.