Register Your Location
Sign up for Newsletters
How to Select the Best Birthing Center
Choosing a birthing center is an important decision. The key is to
create your birth plan
early, so that you allow yourself enough time to research your choices.
Some factors to consider when selecting a birthing center:
1. Determine which
type of birthing center
(stand-alone or hospital based) you'd prefer to use
2. If you'd like to have your baby at a stand-alone birthing center, verify with your doctor that you meet all the
3. Select a birthing center that is easy to get to from your home and work
4. Verify the birthing center takes your insurance
5. Verify the services and amenities available at the birthing center meet your
6. If you already have a doctor selected, verify your doctor has privileges at the birthing center
7. Tour the birthing centers on your list to see where you feel most comfortable.
8. Research online reviews-they are a valuable resource. They can give you a better picture of whether patients received quality care at the birthing center.
Find, compare & rate birthing centers near you
Search birthing centers by name
Browse birthing centers by state
Learn more about birthing centers:
Birthing center staff
Home-like amenities provided by birthing centers
How to create a birth plan
Tips for touring a hospital birthing center
Tips for touring a stand alone birthing center
What is a birthing center?
Birth centers are also known as: birthing centers, labor and delivery center, labor ward, maternity ward, & labor and delivery wing
Forgot your password
Terms of service
© 2017 WhereToFindCare.com
Information on WheretoFindCare.com is for informational purposes only.