How to Pick an Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Provider
Choosing a substance abuse treatment provider can be a difficult decision. Here are a few things you should consider in your search:
- Find a treatment program that specializes in the care you need. (Some programs can be gender, age, or diagnosis specific)
- Ask if there is a wait list to get into the program.
- Ask if the treatment center provides any support after the program is completed.
- Verify the provider takes your insurance. Inquire with your insurance carrier about the type of coverage you have available-inpatient, outpatient, group, or individual. Be sure to ask the amount of days and/or visits they will cover.
- If you have no insurance or your insurance doesn't cover treatment, ask the provider how much the treatment will cost and the payment plan options.
- Ask if family or friends allowed to visit. (If an inpatient treatment program is needed)
- Ask how you sign up for the program.
Substance abuse treatment is also known as: alcohol abuse treatment, drug abuse treatment, drug rehab, substance abuse treatment programs, substance abuse treatment centers, & alcohol and drug abuse treatment.
Find, compare & rate substance abuse treatment providers near you